If you’ve forgotten your windows PC password, No need to worry !! you can reset your password which is a pretty simple process.
Unfortunately Windows hasn’t provided a way to reset a Windows password, aside from a password reset disk. Luckily, there is the clever password reset trick I’ve outlined below that’s easy enough for anyone to try.
Follow The Following Steps to Reset Your Windows Password
It could take 10 to 15 minutes to reset your Windows password. this method will work with almost every version of window (win 10, win 8, win 7, etc) including 64bit and 32bit.
How to Reset a Windows Password
- Insert either your Windows installation DVD or a Windows System Repair disc into your optical drive and then restart your computer. If you have either on a flash drive or you are using WDS, that’ll work too.
Note : If you don,t have original windows media not an issue. As long as you have access to any other Windows computer (another in your home or a friend’s will work fine), you can burn a system repair disc for free.
- After your computer boots from the disc or flash drive, click Next on the screen with your language and keyboard choices.
Tip: Do you see your typical Windows login screen? Chances are that your computer booted from your hard drive (like it normally does) instead of from the disc or flash drive you inserted. Search for appropriate results for “how to boot PC from media”
- Wait while your Windows installation is located on your computer.
- Now you need to need to locate in which drive your windows is installed, take note of the drive letter found in the Location column. Most Windows installations will show D: but yours may be different.
Note: While in Windows, the drive that Windows is installed on is probably labeled as the C: drive. However, when booting from Windows install or repair media, a hidden drive is available that usually isn’t. This drive is given the first available drive letter, probably C:, leaving the next available drive letter, probably D:, for the next drive – the one with Windows installed on it.
- Once your installation is found, Press Shift+f10, it will open a cmd prompt which will look something like thisNow copy following Commands.
(“D: is my drive where win is installed your may be different”)
copy d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe d:\windows\system32\util.exe
copy d:\windows\system32\cmd.exe d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe
- Note: If the above command shows any error it may be because of drive you choose (windows may be in another drive)
- Now close everything, remove windows media (Flash Drive or Optical Disk) and restart your PC.
- Wait to boot windows normally, when login screen comes press Win+U, it will open Command Prompt.
- Now type following command
The above command will open list all users and groups, you need to double click on user, that will show you the list of all users in your PC.
Right click on user you want to reset your password then Set Password>>Proceed Enter your Password then hit enter.
Close everything, and now you can use your new password to login into your PC.
- Once you logged into your PC you need to make some changes again:
Go to the following directory and delete utilman.exe and rename util.exe to utilman.exe
Now you can use your PC normally…
Having trouble resetting your Windows password? You can always contact us on our social media or by visiting our Contact Us page.